About a person who tries to walk

All it takes are just few steps.
My sandals squeak
Against the tiled floor,
Yes, I am only inches away
From my goal!

Until my feeble knees,
Like they usually do,
Yielded to the ground.
Ouch, but I am few inches
Away from my goal!

I sob uncontrollably.
Then you pick me up
And utter your usual words,
“You are too young
To defy gravity.”

But that was what you told me
Yesterday, and the other day;
Last week, the previous month,
The past year and all the ones that
Preceded it (if I remember correctly).

I changed my sandals several times already –
From size 3 to 10, and now size 8,
Yet everything is still the same -
I am still few inches away from my goal
And I still hear those exact words.

You know that I never wished
To fly, nor did I dream to float
On the puffy clouds or reach
The twinkling stars in the sky.
I only pray for one thing:

That is to conquer those few inches
And get to my goal,
Like you always do
When you stand on your two feet
And pick me up when I fall.

This you never knew
And probably will never know,
For only blank eyes stare at mine
Whenever I try to speak,
Help me reach my goal.

0 comments:

Find It